OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and the original manuscripts are inerrant, and that it has supreme authority in over our lives.
OUR GREAT GOD
We believe there is one living and true God, eternally existing in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• We believe in God, the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that He concerns Himself in the affairs of his creation, that he is merciful and just, that He hears and answers prayer and provides salvation for all who come to Him through Jesus Christ
• We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, and that he rose from the dead. We believe that in his death, he paid the ultimate price for our sins. We believe in his substitutionary atonement, that he ascended into heaven and in his perpetual intercession for His people and that one day he will return to the earth.
• We believe in the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer in Christ as a helper, teacher and guide. He is a Divine Comforter who brings individuals into relationship with Christ, and to that end He convinces the world of the reality of sin, righteousness and judgment. He regenerates, sanctifies, equips and empowers all who believe in Jesus Christ.
We believe mankind was created in the image of God, but fell from his position through disobedience, and as a result of this, his moral nature was corrupted and physical and spiritual death ensued. This nature was transmitted through Adam resulting in the total depravity of all mankind. Restoration to fellowship with God is made possible only by the new birth. The new birth occurs when an individual, by faith, trusts Jesus Christ as Savior AND Lord.
We believe that a Christian believer should endeavor to be ambassadors of Christ. He or she will aim to bring glory to God, to sustain integrity in his or her personal conduct both publicly and privately, to exercise responsible stewardship of person and possessions, and to encourage a developing relationship with Christ for both himself and others. We believe that the primary purpose of believers is to “make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” Matthew 28:19 ESV.
We believe in the universal Church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all those who are saved are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on profession of faith and associated for the purposes of worship, fellowship, teaching and evangelism. We believe that God has entrusted to these believers the ministry of reconciliation with/to God through the sharing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the world. We declare that this local church is to be autonomous and self governing, functioning within the framework of the biblical concept of religious liberty.
We believe that Jesus Christ entrusted to His Church two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Both are representative of the relationship believers have with Him, and both are to be observed until His return.
• We believe that baptism is the immersion of the believer in water, expressing that believer’s identification and union with Jesus Christ in regeneration.
• We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a proclamation of the communion provided for the believer by the death of Christ.